Provided by: Business Industrial Network
Practical Process Control Training Workshop - PID Control
"Practical Process Control" is now being offered as one of our
Atlanta industrial manufacturing seminars. Your process control manager should
send at least two engineers to the Atlanta training, as this PID training is
second to none in the process control industry.
SEMINAR/WORKSHOP DATE: Jul. 19-20, 2007
This Atlanta industrial seminar approach to training is simple: focus on the
application of formulas rather than on their derivation. With examples from
real world industrial manufacturing processes and the PID control tuning
simulation software, you will gain a clear understanding of the 'how and why'
changing PID parameters effect the process. It takes the guess work out of PID
- G asked: SEND ME INFORMATION ON YOUR ENGINEERING SEMINARS, LIVE AND ONLINE. sEND INFO TO : , LISA SERVICES, P. O. BOX , FAYETTEVILLE, AR , U. S.A.
- K asked: Could you please send me more infomation about this workshop?
- M asked: what is the cost?
Top companies maintain their competitive advantage by maximizing productivity and minimizing costs - by optimizing and controlling critical processes. Training is an essential element in equipping engineers for success and achieving that advantage.
The Practical Process Control curriculum is how top companies empower
their human resources and to maximize the return on their capital investments. Practical
Process Control Training has helped process technicians and engineers to
understand and apply innovative control techniques.
How do top companies like Holcim (US) (cement), Lafarge North America (cement), Honeywell (chemicals), Westinghouse Savannah River (power), ChevronTexaco (petroleum), Genzyme (biotech/pharmaceutical), and Owens Corning (chemicals) maintain their competitive advantage? Attend PID Control workshop and learn proven techniques that will improve your bottom-line performance.
Control Station equipped my team with the training they needed to succeed. They kept [it] simple and straightforward, focusing on techniques that could be applied immediately on the plant floor E&I Supervisor- Magnesium Elektron
Control Station s case study approach to teaching the subject was unique. Learning by doing helped me understand the topics as they were presented. Process Engineer - International Flavor & Fragrances
I learned a great deal and I will recommend this workshop for all of our process staff. Maintenance Manager - Ash Grove Cement
These process control training courses, as with all of our training courses, are not just text book instructions but practical knowledge and case examples based on years of experience.
The Atlanta training also comes with Free PID software demo, handouts and a copy of Practical Process Control by Douglas J. Cooper.
This course offer information your people will actually use out on the shop floor.
Be sure and read PID Instructor's (Dr. Rice) articles on our site.
"Model-Based Tuning Methods for PID Controllers"
"PID Performance Monitoring Fundamentals" (17 page PDF)
Course Location ...Just 1/4 mile from the Stone Mountain Conference Center
As a less expensive alternate, reservation may be made at the Country
Inn & Suites. Country Inn is where training seminar will be held and
is only 1/4 mi from Stone Mountain Conference Center. Seminars end on Thursday, so your can reward your self by visiting Stone Mountain afterwards. Nice golf
course and great for families too.
- Fundamentals of Process Dynamics and Control
- Proportional Control
- Integral Action and PI Control
- A Formal Approach to Controller Design Using Design Tools
- Controller Performance Criteria
- Derivative Mode and PID Control
- PID Control with Derivative Filter
- Modeling Process
Dynamics Using Control Station
- Implementation of
- Adaptive PI Control of Nonlinear Processes
- PID Control of Tank Level
- PID with Filter Control of Heat Exchanger Temperature
- Modeling Process
- Exploring Dynamics of the Gravity Drained Tanks
- P-Only Control of Tank Level
- The Hazard of Tuning PI Controllers by Trial and Error
- PI Control of Heat Exchanger Temperature
- PID Control of Heat Exchanger Temperature
- PID with Filter and Control of the Multi-Tanks Process
Day 2 Training ...
- Using Control Station with Real Processes
- Cascade Control
- Feed Forward Control
- Dynamics of Non-Self Regulating (Integrating) Processes
- Simulation and Control of Heat Exchanger using Custom Process
- Single Loop Control of the Jacketed Reactor
- Feed Forward Control of an Ideal Process
- Controlling a Non-Self Regulating (Integrating) Custom Process
- Modeling and Simulation of Single Loop Processes
- Cascade Control of the Jacketed Reactor
- Feed Forward Control of the Jacketed Reactor
- Modeling and Control of the Pumped Tank Process
Dr. Robert Rice Director of Solutions Engineering
Dr. Rice has published extensively on topics associated with automatic process control, including non-self-regulating processes and model predictive control. Prior to joining Control Station, Dr. Rice held engineering and technical positions with PPG Industries and The Walt Disney Company. Dr. Rice received his BS in Chemical Engineering from the Virginia Polytechnic and State University and both his MS and PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Connecticut.
(Register for Saint Louis now)
We are a Strategic Training Partner for the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) and provide AFE members a 10% discount.
Note: Loaner laptops will be provided. We will be using laptops to work with the PID software specifically designed to help users with the process control training.
Recommended Lodging ...
Drury Inn & Suites just 1/2 mile down the road at ...
11980 Olive Blvd, Creve Coeur, Missouri, 63141
Discount code provide after registration.